23.1.12

IMAGE OF THE WEEK #15

In the words of the great American photographer Robert Adams "You're always struggling to open your own eyes, as well as other peoples..." When I first heard him say this, it struck me that this is a constant battle I have within myself. One approaches their work trying to say something, now this something doesn't have to really be anything, however one attempts to make the viewer understand a scene in the sentiment that was first recorded.
This weeks image is all about what I have just spoken of. You, the viewer may read the image in any number of ways, but do you see what I saw? You can't feel the heat, the ground under your feet and the sound of the railcars rattle by. For me the whole point of photographing is to allow you into my thoughts, feelings and views of the world, therefore allowing me an opportunity to emote in a way that I can't with words.